The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor plays a key role in ensuring the distribution of Penumbra's lifesaving products to customers throughout the world. In this position, you will supervise over warehouse activities including maintaining inventory accuracy of raw material, incoming receipts, finished goods, and work orders. Providing direction and oversight to the Inventory Control team, you will drive distribution both nationally and globally.
What You'll Work On
- Ensure staff is trained and following our procedures
- Hire, train supervise, evaluate, and develop team members
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in inventory control, shipping and receiving for audits
- Enter daily cycle counting into MRP system and report monthly cycle count status to the Manager
- Ensuring the sterilization of the product maintaining segregation, of pre and post-sterile goods, build sterile lots, ship and receive them back into the system.
- Coordinate shipments with sterilization supplier including scheduling and freight
- Process weekly shipment reports for Manager
What You Bring
- Demonstrated ability and passion for leading teams and driving top performance
- High School or GED and a least 5+ years of related supervisory experience in shipping/receiving as well as stores and inventory control experience, or an equivalent combination of education experience preferably in the medical device or health care industry
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Prior large scale international shipping, receiving, warehouse, and logistics experience in a medical device company preferred
- ERP systems experience including QAD or SAP preferred.
- APEX certification is also preferred.
- Understanding of State and Federal Distribution and Transportation Regulations
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets medical devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and clinics primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra P logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.