MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we build with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Shipping Receiving (SR) Clerk. This position will support the Operations team as well as the R&D team. The (SR) Clerk will involve ownership of all records of products outgoing and incoming, scheduling, tracking and monitoring shipments. Experience in working with shipping brokers, international suppliers and customers is required.
- Pulling, packing and loading, unloading
- Receiving, stocking shelves and stacking
- Initiating requisition for stock replenishment
- Accurately package, label and weigh items to be shipped and ensure proper shipment method and shipping charges
- Working closely with both Production and R&D providing logistical support for their inbound and outbound materials, equipment and products.
- Support the identification, acquisition and delivery of all equipment and materials needed for the development of our corporate HQ.
- Own the inventory system for stock and merchandise. Provide superior customer service when communicating with internal and external customers, vendors and clients.
- This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement.
- The functions and duties described below may not be the only requirements of the position. It will be necessary to follow other instructions and perform other duties as required by MycoWorks team members.
- 5+ years experience in expediting and shipping sensitive/fragile products both nationally and internationally
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with 3rd party logistics providers
- Comfortable with a high-level of autonomy
- Knowledgeable with US customs procedures and processes both incoming and outgoing
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Personal accountability and integrity are paramount as a shipping clerk is tasked with an accurate accounting of all inventory
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices