RAICES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost immigration legal services and education to under-served immigrant children, families and refugees in Texas. RAICES seeks to hire a short-term staff data entry assistant who will assist with the legal services provided at an emergency intake sites in Texas.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enter sensitive information to multiple databases;
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems;
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistake;
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents;
- Update existing data in a timely manner;
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested;
- Make referrals for additional services, as appropriate; and
- Assume general administrative responsibilities, including data entry, grant compliance, timekeeping, case management and other tasks related to program compliance.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in both the Spanish and English languages;
- Must be able to pass all required background checks;
- Capacity for working both independently and on team projects;
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Proficient in use of technology including MS Office, Google Apps, general office equipment and internet research;
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience is preferred but not required;
Ability to thrive in a high-paced work environment, while maintaining both procedural and ethical integrity; and
- Excellent organizational skills.
Terms & Conditions:
- 3 month contract position, potentially renewable.
- 40 hours work per week at $18.00-19.50 per hour depending on experience;
- Work remotely from home;
- An opportunity to make an important contribution to immigrant children’s lives.
RAICES is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or a record of arrest or conviction. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.