Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a highly sophisticated and pioneering technology led solution. Forming exciting new business partnerships with retailers internationally, our automated warehouse solutions enable our partners to deliver what their customers want.
We are now proud to be partnering with ICA, the leading grocery retailer in Sweden. This is a very exciting time to join Ocado and be part of the first solution in the country and our wider global growth journey.
As a result of our growth, a Construction and Installation team has been established to support our business and develop the capabilities needed to build and install the Ocado Smart Platform for ourselves and clients across the world. As Ocado transforms there is a growing need to support multiple complex projects across new styles and sizes of customer fulfillment centres (CFCs).
We are looking for a Site Safety Manager for 12-15 months based in Sweden to manage the Construction safety and security aspects of CFC delivery . To develop and audit safety processes for a safe construction site.
Initial on-boarding is likely to take place in UK or existing OSP site.
What will you be doing?
- Will oversee the administration and execution of the Ocado Site Safety Plan, Compliance with all National and Local health and safety requirements and adherence to Site Safety Plan outlined by the Ocado and/or their Landowner’s Contractor.
- Shall inspect the site at appropriate intervals to determine if required government mandated safety postings and signage are installed and updated on-site and shall promptly notify Ocado of any missing postings or signage. Postings and signage shall be purchased by the Ocado.
- Full time on-site Site Safety manager shall be available approximately three months prior to the start of construction to prepare, review safety documentation, and provide support during delivery of IT infrastructure and Containerised Computer Room delivery.
- Shall review and sign off on Specialist Contractor Site Safety Plan - Each Specialist Contractor should have a site safety plan and RAMs (eg Grid WAH).
- Shall review the Project Agreements to become familiar with all of Specialist Contractor’s safety and health obligations related to the Project as set forth in the agreement.
- Shall review the Governing Safety Documentation and Specialist Contractor Site Safety Plan for conformity and compliance with the General Contractor’s site safety rules.
- Shall, at appropriate intervals, observe and inspect all Specialist Contractors and Ocado employees to assess compliance with safety guidelines on the site and compliance with the safety requirements of the Project Agreements. This can be up to 200 Ocado related Staff and consist of Ocado commissioning, IT and Engineering Operations staff, and Sub-contractors and will involve help from other members of staff to administer the site out of hours or on holidays. In the event of noted violations, unsafe practices or failure to adhere to the safety requirements of the Project Agreements, the Site Safety Manager shall promptly notify Ocado Site Management.
- Shall prepare minutes and actioned audits, inspections, tool box talks and safety meetings with contractors at appropriate intervals. The Site Safety Manager shall track and resolve open items as necessary.
- Shall ensure a Site Competency matrix or record is in place and certificate evidence in place for all staff e.g. identification cards, plant operator cards, first aid
- Shall provide advice and guidance to the site team regarding compliance with local, and national codes of practice and safety regulations
- Shall provide guidance to Ocado in the event of a safety inspection performed by a governing authority.
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification. ( e.g. EurOSHM, NEBOSH, or equivalent)
- Proven track record managing operations on a large industrial construction site
- Familiarity with Working at Height practices
- Understanding of KPIs and performance management.
- An effective communicator with the ability to negotiate, influence and use diplomacy with clients, colleagues and contractors at all levels.
- Team player who is willing to cover absences of others outside of H&S responsibilities