WHO WE ARE:
wappier is building the Next Generation of Marketing Technology, by deploying AI and dynamically transforming data-driven intelligence into optimal consumer-centric interactions. By analyzing billions of data facts per day, wappier models, predicts, and influences each consumer’s behavior in real-time. The platform’s machine learning-based 3D data visualization, engagement amplification, next best action and pricing optimization solutions dynamically understand what each consumer needs in order to engage more, stay with a brand longer, convert quicker, and take an action. Enterprises can leverage a sophisticated suite of descriptive analytics to review the past, predictive analytics to forecast the future, and prescriptive analytics to affect future behavior maximizing their revenue and lifetime value for each individual customer.
wappier was founded back in 2016 with a vision to change the martech landscape by a team of 5 tech veterans. We are now a team of 90, with 70% of the company on engineering and data science roles. Backed by first-tier US VCs, and having reached cash-flow profitability, we expect to reach 120 people by Q4 2021 and 200 a year later.
The best is yet to come, come grow with us!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking to expand our growing team by adding an Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). The ideal SRE candidate is either an ex-software engineer with a good administration background or a highly skilled system administrator with knowledge of coding and automation. In this way we bridge the gap between developers and IT operations, even in a DevOps culture.
- Actively be involved in operations related tasks as well as development
- Make sure that failures don't happen and help identify imminent threats to the systems health
- Use automation to perform daily operations processes to scale with load
- Build software/tools to help operations and support development and operation teams
- Work with development teams to ensure that new features meet the required monitoring and alerting requirements
- Have an SLA or SLO for the service and measure against it
- Create an error budget to control velocity - balance effective self-regulation of features against stability
- Practice observability, by monitoring back-end systems
- Use automated runbooks to perform actions
- Hold a blameless postmortem for every event
- Escalated issues to the next layer as well as participate and Optimize OnCall rotations and processes
- Work with the DevOps team on incident management
- Document knowledge - constant upkeep of documentation and runbooks ensuring development and operation teams get the information
- Identify weakness and propose actions for building or optimizing IM lifecycle to increase reliability of service
- Track metrics, logs and traces across all services in the organization
- Identify root causes in the event of an incident
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics/Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years professional experience in cloud infrastructure management (networking, virtual servers, storage, related authentication services) and application service deployment
- Strong technical skills in automation for deployment scenarios live service operations
- Strong technical skills with AWS public infrastructure services, experience with other cloud services is a plus
- Experience in Terraform and/or ansible will be considered a plus
- Experience in configuration and management of monitoring tools for systems and services (Nagios, Icinga, etc)
- Experience with the ELK stack
- Experience in configuration, management and maintenance of flows in CI/CD environments (Git, Jenkins, Gitlab, NPM, etc.)
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- Experience in cloud services beyond basic IaaS functionality
- Experience with application deployment in MEAN stack and/or other similar technologies
- Experience with managing Big Data infrastructure clusters (Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience in managing NoSQL or SQL database and their cloud equivalent
At wappier we are growing our team with the vision of having top performers who contribute directly to the growth of the company.
- Stock option incentive plan
- Private health insurance plan for you and your dependents
- Annual training budget allocated to certifications and courses of your choice
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Online yoga sessions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.