Site Reliability Engineer
Join one of the world's fastest growing fintech startups! We're looking for smart, motivated team members who want to change the way people pay their bills, helping them to improve their financial success.
WHO WE ARE
Each year U.S. households spend over $4.4 trillion - about one third of all consumer spending - on recurring bill payments. While staying on top of these bills is the single largest determinant for consumer financial health, organizing and paying them can be a time-consuming and frustrating chore. Since its inception, doxo has been on a mission to simplify and reduce the anxiety of staying on top of bills, empowering consumers to improve their financial health. Our company was founded on the simple idea that there should be an easy and more secure way for consumers to pay all of their bills through a single account, with any payment method, on any device.
As consumers shifted more bill payments online and to mobile over the past year, doxo has experienced rapid growth. To date, we have helped over six million users deliver payments to more than 100,000 local and national businesses, making doxo the largest bill pay network in the nation. In 2021, doxo was named by both BuiltIn and Comparably as a best place to work in Seattle, and was also recognized as one of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Come join us as we grow the team to further accelerate growth, forever changing the bill pay landscape to focus on the customer.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
doxo is unique in that we have already found product/market fit and that our service is filling an important market need every day. But we are still small enough that every employee, no matter their position, can make a meaningful impact. Because transparency is a priority at all levels across the organization, we are all aware of how our work contributes to the success of our business as a whole. We are agile and work hard to solve difficult problems quickly. We work as a team to get things done and mentor individuals to get to the next level in their career.
We are seeking a site reliability engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining scalable, secure infrastructure to power our bill pay platform. This position will collaborate closely with Engineering to provide innovative solutions and help deliver exceptional software.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have experience working with Security scanning and monitoring tools in a Kubernetes and AWS environment.
- You have experience managing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters for container orchestration in a production environment.
- You have experience working with security, performance, and availability monitoring solutions for AWS resources.
- You enjoy building tooling to improve the developer experience and optimize the software delivery pipeline.
- You work closely with the product and engineering teams on software requirements and solutions.
- You are passionate about introducing new technology and best practices to the team to continuously improve and push boundaries.
- You enjoy diving in to work with engineering teams to solve failures and performance problems.
- You want a chance to create something new in a rapidly growing company
- You love collaborating with other people and leave your ego at the door
- 3+ years of experience in a Devops/SRE/Infrastructure role
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- The desire and capacity for learning quickly in a fast paced environment, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with high scale, distributed, 24x7 systems and applications
- Experience with Linux administration
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems preferred
- Experience with Containerization and Container Orchestration, preferably Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with building secure systems used in the handling of sensitive data
- Experience with Ruby or similar programming languages
- Have strong analytical and design skills
- Experience with SQL in a transactional application
- Ability to break down projects into workable pieces while maintaining overall bigger picture of how it fits in with the product
- Self-starter with can-do attitude who has relentless drive to improve quality
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU WILL
- Complete company onboarding
- Have a chance to work with each engineering team, learning who they are and what they are responsible for
- Make your first code commits
- Deliver your first code changes to production
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU WILL
- Contribute to and help deliver features on the product roadmap
- Help in planning future features and changes for our software and our service
- Help build out the team through recruiting, high-bar interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring new team members
- Progress in your career path, with both team leadership and senior individual contribution roles available
- Help shape the technical vision for our software
- Contribute to the growth and evolution of our organization
OUR COMPANY PERKS AND BENEFITS
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Generous equity grants
- 401k match to help you save for your future
15 days PTO to start, plus paid holidays
- Charitable donation match
- Student loans support
- Pet insurance
- Plus plenty of corporate discounts
doxo is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.