Tango is a leading mobile messaging service with more than 390 million registered members around the world, transforming the way people communicate, discover, and share. Evolved from its beginnings in 2009 as a cross platform texting and calling app, Tango today combines free communication, social networking, and content in a single platform. The best part is that Tango is giving members more fun and engaging ways of connecting with those they care about through social networking, playing games, sharing music, news feed channels, and a whole lot more!
Join the Tango team where we work together in a thriving, fast-paced startup environment that is about passion, trust, and drive. In between programming, designing, and serving our members, our team enjoys daily family style meals, and many other great perks to make our employees happy.
Tango’s Site Reliability Engineers are the keystones holding together the Tango platform, making sure that it is stable, scalable, and secure. They are subject-matter experts for Tango's product and everything else that keeps Tango working. This includes the platform, systems, and network infrastructure that runs 24x7 to make Tango work all over the globe. To accomplish this, SREs collaborate regularly and directly with the rest of the Engineering team to design and support features on globally distributed systems that operate at significant scale.
- Become an expert: acquire a deep understanding of the Tango platform and products
- Be self-sufficient: diagnose and handle complex problems and solve scaling challenges
- Be part of the team: get to resolution ASAP by coordinating with the right people; build relationships with Engineering and other teams before you need them so that you know who the right people are; and be a mentor to new SREs and actively work to make them productive members of the team
- Find bottlenecks: know SQL, know NoSQL, and know how to diagnose performance problems from the application stack down to the OS, DB, kernel, network, and hardware; find information that shows when to work on application code, tune existing equipment, or get more hardware
- Scale the system and the team: write tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks and allow for greater leverage
- Think ahead: always be looking ahead for scalability challenges; use or write tools to make sure we always know we have capacity; support world domination by making everything redundant or fault tolerant
- Communicate effectively: write excellent documentation to enable other team members and new hires to easily learn and support the Tango platform
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 4+ years proven production experience in a SaaS, Hosted Applications, or other mission critical systems environment
- Linux systems administration experience
- Professional experience writing scripts and automation tools, preferably using Python or Bash
- Production experience maintaining Java/Tomcat based applications.
- Excellent network (TCP/IP) skills.
- Strong general technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment prone to interruption
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- JVM configuration and GC tuning.
- CCNA and/or CCNP certification
- Experience with CentOS or Red Hat based Linux distributions
- Experience developing automation tools with VMWare vSphere API/SDK
- SIP experience, especially with voice, video, or instant messaging
- Deploying IPV6 in a production environment.
What We Can Offer You:
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Daily family-style lunches
- Wellness program
- Game room
- Tango Educational Fund
- And even more!