Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, APAC the Social Marketing Manager, APAC is responsible for driving the content strategy and framework for the regional and local social marketing team. This position requires a balance of social first creative thinking, writing, design and execution as well as superior stakeholder management. The person will have a perfect command of brand writing and storytelling that is centred on the community.
Social content development
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive the establishment of the strategic approach to social media content that aligns with Airbnb’s global vision and marketing plans, but is tailored to the regional/local business needs, culture, trends and platforms.
- Use your passion for social marketing and Airbnb to create content that aligns with our global marketing priorities.
- Ability to take globally created content frameworks and adapt them to regional and local nuances to ensure relevancy and engagement with audiences.
- Understand the consumer journey and have the ability to create content that is relevant at different stages.
- Develop and distribute content tailored to specific channels, understanding how different narratives can be brought to life on different platforms.
- Provide timely, relevant and engaging updates to the regional marketing teams around social content opportunities and performance; best practice; and country nuances to help amplify existing work whilst also demonstrating the value of social content.
- Drive and implement the creation of influencer marketing strategies and identify opportunities for further amplification of content created.
- Partner with internal and external resources, agencies, publishers, and producers, and involve the Airbnb community in a collaborative content production process to scale content capabilities and output.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across all geographies to ensure knowledge sharing and close collaboration between functions.
- Partner with global team members to implement strategy, content creation and publishing processes including collaboration, workflow, tools (CMS, analytics), and framework for localization.
- Identify further opportunities for collaboration that ladder up to strategic business priorities.
- Be the champion for trend spotting and social media innovation. Establish a strategy for driving innovation and adoption on emerging content and social platforms and tools across APAC to maximize business impact.
- Directly manage and coach the Social Marketing Manager to ensure that their work is fulfilling and opportunities for growth are identified.
- Work closely with marketing managers in each market to create locally relevant content that ladders up to broader business goals.
- 10+ years experience in social marketing at an online travel related company as part of a marketing or comms team.
- An eye for detail and a quick wit – believing that typos, sounding robotic, and generic content is totally unacceptable.
- A passion for people and storytelling through multiple media types; ‘community’ isn’t a marketing word to you – it’s your core belief - and you know how to get the most out of it.
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable in a fast moving, fluid environment.
- Hands-on and demonstrable experience of crafting and leading social media content, from initial brief through to implementation and iteration.
- High level of understanding of the social media universe, including experience with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest (and others), as well as social listening tools.
- Experience in social media analytics tools (including listening) and social media content management tools.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Experience in influencer marketing is preferred.
- Solid organisational skills, excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, able to calmly and confidently communicate with all levels of the organization and with external parties.
- Experience working in a regional team as part of a global organisation and collaborating across multiple geographies.
- Fluent in English and preferably proficient in one other language for the region they serve.
- Passion for Airbnb, travel and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and strong problem solving skills.