BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Intern to join its team in Los Angeles immediately. This person will primarily provide administrative and editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team.
The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media, the internet, and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This is a full-time paid intern position in our Los Angeles office.
- Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts and finding/creating content across platforms, especially Twitter.
Read and watch BuzzFeed content and find creative ways to adapt stories and videos to new platforms and formats.
- Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet.
- Proven organizational and administrative experience.
- Understanding of social platforms and apps, and why content on those platforms became popular.
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition.
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet (no haters).
Include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Please also include some of your favorite social media accounts to follow and why. No formal cover letters, please.
- Provide links to your public social media accounts.
- Attach a resume