If you've watched video on the web, you already know us. JW Player is a global market leader and well-known brand in online video, powering video playback for over a billion unique users across millions of websites every month. We are a known driver of innovation in the online video space, allowing you to explore new technologies such as Chromecast, HLS/DASH, HTML5/CSS3 and cross-platform frameworks.
JW Player is looking for a talented Mobile Automation Engineer experienced in both iOS & Android to join our rapidly growing Mobile Engineering team in our New York City headquarters. The right candidate will relish the opportunity to implement testing processes and automation frameworks for our Mobile SDK’s.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to refine acceptance criteria, write detailed test plans, and build/maintain detailed test cases
- Create automated tests for Android and iOS SDKs
- Execute hands-on functional testing and regression tests on the iOS & Android SDKs and demo apps.
- Collaborate with development teams to understand how development changes impact ongoing automation efforts
- Work as part of a scrum team in an agile environment
- You’ve successfully implemented new testing/automation tools and processes from scratch with testing tools such as Appium
- Experience testing mobile apps, popular Android/iOS devices, SDKs and/or APIs
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- Skilled in analyzing requirements & acceptance criteria, determining new test cases that should be created and identifying regression test cases to be updated
- Experience using testing services such as SauceLabs and AWS Device Farm
- Ability to learn new technologies, tools, and processes quickly
- Experience with Android SDK, Cocoa Touch, and back-end languages (Objective-C, Swift, Java)
- Knowledge of video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience with web video (HTML5 and/or Flash)
- You’ve held a developer role in the past
- Familiarity with test-driven development (TDD), unit tests, and behavior-driven development (BDD).