Build a modern cloud app AND work from home 2 – 3 days a week?
Yes and yes? Read on!
What’s most important to you? A great place to work? A stable, successful company? Or making a meaningful impact?
How about all of the above?
As an amazing place to work, we’re one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers according to the Globe and Mail. You can also check us out on Glassdoor 🙂
Success? Yes, please! inFlow has dominated the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads and now we’ve expanded by taking it to the cloud and mobile. We’ve been profitable since the beginning in 2007, and we’re one of Canada’s fastest-growing businesses according to the PROFIT 500 list.
Impact? Check! As the 35th member of our team, you would be instrumental in shaping how our software helps tens of thousands of small businesses compete and thrive.
We’ve got an amazing group of talented and friendly people here, and we’re looking for world-class talent, like you, to join us!
Check us out at www.archonsystems.com!
Covid-19 pandemic notes
Our product supports front-line workers and essential services, including manufacturers of personal protective equipment (PPE) and healthcare organizations. We are thankful for the opportunity to contribute to fighting this global pandemic and that our business is thriving.
We currently work from home fully remotely, due to the pandemic. Prior to Covid-19, we worked from home 3 days a week and from our beautiful Toronto office 2 days a week for over a decade! We will continue work from home until April 2021, at which point we will revise the situation. We plan to resume in-person work 2 days per week when we can responsibly do so after April 2021, following public health recommendations and consultations with our employees. We will require that you be able to join us in-person in Toronto when that time comes. While digital tools are improving rapidly, there’s just no substitute for being in the room with someone and sharing a spontaneous laugh, an impromptu brainstorm, a duckicorn prank, or….
oops, sorry I must’ve gotten muted.
Some of our job benefits
- Work from home 2-3 days a week (wait, what?)
- Work from our beautiful Toronto office on office days
- Company-sponsored lunches once a month at great restaurants
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- All-expense-paid conferences
- Health and dental benefits
- Make a difference: you’ll be the 35th member of our tight-knit team
Ready to make a difference in the lives of over a million entrepreneurs?
inFlow has dominated the desktop inventory software market and you will play a critical part in building our modern web and mobile platforms.
Join our friendly and world-class development team and take on the challenges of delivering a modern, scalable, and performant APIs (using C#, SQL, Azure), web and mobile application (using React, React Native, and Typescript) to users around the world who depend on inFlow for their businesses.
What you’d do
- Develop new APIs & backend infrastructure to help us expand our features for our web, Android, and iOS apps
- Use modern technology, including C# 8, ASP.NET Core, and Microsoft Azure
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to ensure our APIs are scalable and highly performant
- Collaborate with our UI/UX and visual designers to craft the best user experience
- Initiate your own ideas and projects to help us grow
What we need from you
- 3+ years of software application development experience
- Top-notch ability to write high-quality code quickly
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience with C# or similar strongly typed language
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with hosting on Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of React.js and Redux
- Using Git as version control
- Experience interacting with a REST API
- Responsive web design
- Advanced CSS (Flexbox, media queries, etc.)
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Knowledge of Node.js and Webpack
- Experience with React Native
- Good design sense and ability to translate design comps into working code
Other stuff we’d be happy to hear about
- Open-source or recreational coding projects, particularly websites, web apps or mobile apps
- A passion for web/mobile design or UX
- Awards and contests
- Experience with business systems (accounting, inventory, CRM, etc.)
- Close experience with small businesses
What are you waiting for? To apply, go to this webpage
What you can expect when applying for a job at Archon
At Archon, we celebrate diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We hire people based on what they can contribute, not what they look like, whom they love, shoe size, or other irrelevant labels. We provide equal pay for equal work and treat each job applicant with respect and thanks.