Our engineering team solves tough problems and invents new ways to battle fraud using big data and audio science in the cloud. Software Development Engineers in Test at Pindrop are developers with a passion for quality. As an SDET, your role will be in development with a focus on testability, test tooling and test infrastructure management. You will be reviewing designs and looking closely at code quality and risk. You will be responsible for refactoring code to make it more testable and writing unit testing frameworks and automation. As a partner in the codebase, you will be more concerned with increasing quality and test coverage.
tech we use
- Python, Ruby, C++, Linux, VoIP
what you'll do
- Partner in ownership of source code and act as a consultant recommending better program structure and coding style
- Review and refactor existing test code
- Analyze requirements to determine the testing strategy of different applications and products through automation
- Participate in product and feature design with developers, usability specialists, user interface designers, and product managers
- Create, update, review automated test cases to match product feature sets, execute manually as required
- Participate and contribute to product code reviews
- Educate team members on current and evolving practices, patterns and process to improve product quality
- Create tooling around the entire testing work flow, all the way from test case management, test data creation, automatic bug captures, test progress measurement etc.
who you are
- At least 5+ years of experience with development on the tooling/test architecture side
- Solid programming skills, preferably with Python or Ruby
- Experience with sklearn, tensforflow and other machine learning tools
- Understanding of Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistical Theory
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, including experience troubleshooting Linux-based applications
- Capable with SQL and relational databases
- Experience in continuous integration (Jenkins / Hudson / BuildBot)
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Ability to work in a fun, creative, and fast-paced environment
- A true technologist and hacker at heart
- Passionate about working with new technologies and sharing new discoveries
what we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and thus the future of security in the voice driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of benefits we offer:
- Recognized top employer
- Health plans and 401k
- Continued education budget
- Flex schedules
- Best in class tools
- Paid commuter options
- Fun outings to celebrate our accomplishments as a team
- All the good karma you can rack up for fighting bad guys (our conference rooms are named after the ones we’ve busted)
who we are
Pindrop is a company founded on research and continues to innovate new ideas to market. Our solutions are leading the way to the future of voice by establishing the standard for security, identity, and trust. Pindrop products secure the future of voice, making technology more human from the call center to IoT devices.
what we live by
Pindrop is driven by our DEPTH values. These are reflected in our goals and the base of our team’s peer awards.
Act with Deliberate urgency.
Create Evangelical customers.
Passionate about the fight.
Playing for the Team.
Make Hard easy.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.