About the role:
We are looking for an experienced software developer who wants an exciting and challenging role with us at Kortical, that is on a mission to help every company become an AI company via our ML SaaS platform.
With us, innovation thrives under the stewardship of our CEO—a developer by trade —ensuring a product-focused ethos. At Kortical, brilliance is our baseline, with a team of enthusiastic experts eager to collaborate and share their acumen in a dynamic environment.
We are a python shop, so experience is a must. Kubernetes knowledge is a bonus, but if you're new to it, we’ll help you learn, expanding your toolkit swiftly. Essential to the role is a proven track record of writing, committing, and deploying pristine code.
Our London, Waterloo base blends the synergy of office collaboration with the focus of remote work, balancing three office days for effective team ideation with two days from home for undisturbed productivity in a close-knit, nine-person team.
The Job is:
- Co-create with our CEO and team to innovate, design, and deliver new features in our AI platform to production.
- Refine our processes and codebase, tackling bugs and enhancing testing.
- Upholding a balance between swift execution and meticulous attention to detail.
- Champion clean coding practices and share insights to elevate our collective expertise.
You will bring to the role:
- A smart, passionate, brilliant coder with a zest for the craft.
- A lean/experimental approach to iterative feature development, that will result in high quality features and code.
- A knowledge of Kubernetes acumen or an eagerness to learn it .
- Passionate about solving problems through innovation and got a keen interest in the best practice.
- Team player that is happy to help out others.
As a key member of a burgeoning development team, you’ll influence weekly tasks and contribute to significant project designs. We balance rapid prototyping with a robust approach to architecture, fostering a culture of confident enterprise deployment.
It’s not purely about technical proficiency and we place a big emphasis on team. We often have Friday drinks in the office and go out for a drink together (soft or hard, it is about the conversation), we do team lunches on the company every two weeks and also do quarterly “Mandatory Fun Days” where we vote on an activity and celebrate the successes afterwards.
On the softer skills side, the person we’re looking for should:
- Take pride in producing great work and seeing it through to completion
- Be approachable and enjoy helping others
- Enjoy being part of a team doing something cool
- Have a passion for complex problem solving
- Believe that the best idea should win and be objective about collaborative design
You will get:
- Opportunity to work on the latest in AI - we are building a new product with Generative AI - KorticalChat and we are bring that to market as we speak
- The pride in seeing your code, ideas, quickly brought to life and used by customers day to day
- Learning from each other and sharing your knowledge with the team
- Ability to grow your career and take on more responsibility when you want it
- Share Options - £20,000 worth - we want everyone to share in the success of this start-up
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Kortical is redefining the AI landscape, intent on reversing the daunting statistic that 85% of ML projects don’t make the cut. We’re not just another toolset; we're the combination of tailor-made flexibility and out-of-the-box prowess. Our clients are big names as we produce big results like we do for the NHS, Santander, and Deloitte. Kortical is an award-winning, rapid-growth entity, recently acknowledged by Tech Nation and PWC as a leading AI innovator.
Our approach is to make a platform that is editable in code and accelerates the creation of ML solutions from years to weeks, all while delivering Superhuman AI results.
We raised £1.2M in 2018 and we have been bootstrapped ever since off the revenue from our platform so we are sufficient with an eye on raising more money when it suits us best.
Video call (30mins),
Take home test,
Interview with founders in person (120 mins)
Kortical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace: we are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application process, please let us know when speaking with a member of the Recruitment Team, we would love for you to apply.
Please fill in the form to apply
There is no visa sponsorship opportunity so please do not apply if you do not have the right to work in the UK.