SMART is helping educators and businesses succeed all over the world. Our technology empowers teachers, students and teams to learn and collaborate in innovative ways, inspiring breakthroughs – from improved learning outcomes to moving businesses forward.
We are looking for a Web Software Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UX design wireframes and flows into actual code that will produce an exciting web application experience for teachers and students, in a maintainable, sustainable, and extensible way. You will work with a front-end team and bridge the gap between user experience design and technical implementation, taking an active role through the process and defining how the application looks as well as how it works and how its built.
What would you be doing?
- Designing and building next generation web products for use in classrooms around the world.
- Implementing new functionality in our web products.
- Working closely with the User Experience team to design the User Interface.
- Working with other developers to architect and design the technical structure of our products.
- Evaluating and choosing new technologies and libraries to incorporate into our products.
- Writing and maintaining unit and integration tests to ensure our products meet our quality standards.
- Working closely with our test team to ensure automated testing has appropriate coverage.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding test-driven development practices including writing and maintaining unit tests
- Experience with developing software using Agile software development
- Experience releasing software using a continuous deployment pipeline
- Building and deploying applications to Google AppEngine or Amazon Web Services
Education and work experience
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with:
- HTML5 and CSS
- Experience with iOS and Android development is an asset
- Experience with web-based Java development is an asset
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy