Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Software Development Engineer
- Job Summary: This role designs and develops software applications.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Use technical knowledge to design, document and implement solutions for OMS/WMS to meet requirements/specifications for efficient business operation.
- Monitor and support current integrations and configurations.
- Write queries for data analysis and identify root cause for issues reported.
- Coordinate with multiple IT teams for a smooth integration between supply chain systems and other systems in the organization.
- Work closely with multiple third-party logistics providers for new enhancement requests or resolve the system/integration issues.
- Analyze data and develop solution for better allocation of inventory across third party logistics providers.
- Work closely with Pokémon Center logistics team and provide data required for them to resolve issues in supply chain.
- Build tools/reports to periodically audit inventory/orders/invoices to find issues and work with developers to resolve it.
- Provide estimates for bug fixes, enhancements, or new feature requests.
- Regular communication and collaboration with tech and business stakeholders to ensure smooth operation.
- Test system functionality through writing and performing test scripts.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Java.
- 1+ years of experience with Mulesoft Anypoint platform.
- 1+ years of experience working with AWS Lambda with java runtime.
- Experience with Fluent commerce is strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of SOAP, REST APIs, and Micro Services development.
- Experience in working with OMS/WMS applications.
- Experience operationalizing applications for performance, scalability, and active discoverability of errors and degradation.
- Experience with international shipping partners such as BorderFree or Digital River is strongly preferred.
- Experience with New Relic, Sumo Logic or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Experience using version control (i.e., GIT) strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed team and individually
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $125,000.00 - $148,200.00. The full range is $125,000.00 - $187,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.