Our software test engineering practices need to be robust and scale at a rapid pace to support the rapid growth of our company. We’re looking for motivated software engineers who will understand the breadth of our applications and how they support our mission. And more importantly, they will be able to dive deep and uncover root causes.
- Solve problems: You will come across many unique and challenging problems in test engineering space and you’ll need to come up with intuitive solutions.
- Automate: You believe in automation and will deliver solutions that empower us to write good code and deploy it to production.
- Build Confidence: You will build confidence in our product by utilizing best practice and comprehensive testing methodologies. You will be creating detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents.
- Test: You will provide thorough test coverage of our application. You will be responsible for building tools and processes that help us release our software to the customers with confidence.
- Own: You will own test engineering including environments, automation frameworks, best practices and processes.
- Educate: You will work with the engineering team to come up with best practices for our software releases.
- Research: If something can be done better, you will do it. If you see something wrong, you won’t give up until it’s been addressed.
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Mastery of CS fundamentals
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Proven track record in delivering test automation solutions
- Strong programming skills desired in Ruby, Python, or Java
- Experience in testing RESTful web services and backend APIs
- Superb written and verbal communication
- A GitHub profile showcasing your work
- Prior experience with RSpec, or Capybara, Robot Framework
- Experience testing a large portfolio of high-traffic websites
- Knowledge of performance/load testing and tools
- Automation experience on Android / iOS is a plus
At Payoff we’re focused on working with everyone’s best interest in mind. We believe in taking care of our employees, eating great food, having a sense of humor, getting things done, and always putting the customer first (except in this list).
At Payoff we’re always working on making big changes in consumer financial services, and big changes take big efforts. We need team players, innovators, and leaders who will work hard to help us build and grow.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee (and family) medical benefits paid 100% by Payoff!
- Generous vacation policy – rested employees are happy and productive, so go to your kid’s basketball game!
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that’s your thing)
- Smart and FUN work environment