We're ClickTime. We help businesses become more productive every day. Our time and expense tracking tools are used by thousands of companies worldwide.
While ClickTime is headquartered in San Francisco, we are currently fully distributed as a result of the pandemic, with employees working all across the United States. As a bootstrapped, privately held, profitable entity, we provide big company benefits while maintaining the size and energy of a startup. Working with us means you’ll be challenged, surrounded by high-quality teammates, and learn something new every day.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Throughout the summer internship program, you'll receive daily mentorship, training, and hands-on experience within your department. With ClickTime’s fast-paced energy and immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the ropes of the industry and be uniquely positioned for a successful career in tech.
For ten weeks each summer, four to six interns in Software Development, Product Management, Marketing, Business Operations, and Customer Success, work with their department's team lead on daily projects, tasks, and assignments. In addition, you'll work with your intern team and ClickTime's CEO to design, test, and build a secret feature of our application, which you’ll present to the company at the end of the summer. Past intern projects have shipped and are regularly used by our customers worldwide!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We provide our software as a service, rather than shipping fixed code, so we’re constantly developing and enhancing our code year-round. The development process is fast and we deploy every 2-6 weeks — turning requirements into living code, testing, deploying, and then starting all over again. It’s never boring!
- Coding & code review (solo and team-based)
- Creating internal and external documentation
- QA Testing & test development
- Drafting technical specifications
- Contributing to application architecture, UI design, feature development, and product marketing
- Some training in C, C++, Java, or C#
- Experience with SQL databases (Oracle, mySQL, SQL Server)
- CS, CogSci, EECS, Math majors preferred, but all are encouraged to apply
- Good communication and cooperation skills! We’re not just looking for a code-jockey; our teams are small and everyone is expected to contribute in diverse areas, from user interface design to server-farm management and networking
Information About the Selection Process
- Current undergrad Juniors and Sophomores will be considered for the internship program
- Resumes are reviewed and selected for consideration every Monday
- If your resume is selected, you'll receive a practical exercise to showcase your skills and abilities. The practical exercise will be due the following Sunday. (If you need more time, let us know!)
- If your practical exercise is scored highly, you'll have the opportunity to interview with our recruiter
- In the final round, you'll do a longer Zoom interview with the team
ClickTime provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.