Engineering at Fictiv
We believe that technology is best used to empower people. That's why we're building a distributed platform that provides engineers and designers with rapid access to the latest manufacturing technologies. With a deep commitment to open-source, we make a concerted effort to share and contribute back to our community, and we’re looking for software developers who share the same passion for collaboration.
As a Software Engineer at Fictiv, you will work with a team of software engineers and manufacturing experts to build robust systems. Your contributions will span across services, from designing pipelines that analyze CAD file geometries to writing algorithms that distribute manufacturing requests across our network of machinists. You're excited by the challenge of building a highly available system that enables us to move fast without breaking things.
- Design and build robust microservices for distributed manufacturing
- Implement performant algorithms for scheduling, packing, and delivery logistics
- Evaluate and integrate cloud infrastructure for caching, queuing, etc.
- Follow security coding practices to protect confidential customer data
- Improve team practices by giving and receiving feedback
- BS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience shipping and maintaining software as a service systems for 3 or more years
- Good understanding of distributed systems design and architecture
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a healthy collaborative environment
- Creative problem solving skills and a strong bias towards automation
- Ability to learn new skills and incorporate new ideas quickly
- Loves bridging the gap between hardware and software
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
We offer engineers and designers a faster way to prototype and manufacture hardware.
We’re building the most sophisticated manufacturing system that enables faster, more efficient production of physical parts. Unlike traditional vendors, we don’t own machines. Instead, we find, vet, and integrate idle machines into our distributed network. As a result, we’re able to cut lead times by 50% versus traditional solutions, while helping vendors improve the utilization of their printers.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.