Looking for a new gig? Well, you’re in luck.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a rock star to join our crew. In corporate speak, we provide printing, marketing, software and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- We bask in the Silicon Prairie, with offices in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type who “bring it” every day, have each other’s back and truly give a shit.
- With clients in all 50 states and on 5 continents, you could say we get around.
- Inc. Magazine named us one of 50 honorees nationwide for their inaugural Best Workplaces Award in 2016.
- Firespring received the 2018 Community Impact Award, which honors companies that go above and beyond through philanthropy and volunteering.
- In 2014, we became the first Certified B Corporation in Nebraska, joining 2,000+ companies leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Our B Corp status cements our core purpose of leveraging our people, products and profit to do more good.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
Software Engineer—pretty straight forward, don’t you think?
Not exactly. Firespring looks for something different in the engineers we hire for our SBF team. Not abbreviated, the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at raising funds to help find cures for childhood cancer. That’s right, we have a whole team dedicated to this awesome organization. And you will be a part of it. Pretty cool, right?
In addition to producing some stellar code, our engineers work in a dynamic environment. Our average day is spent coding, problem solving, strategically thinking, and exceeding the expectations of our client. In our opinion, that’s the perfect workplace.
If you agree, read on.
- You are ready to take the initiative to work independently, yet work well with a team.
- We value innovative web programming and interactive development. If you have the skills, let's talk.
- Do you have experience with relational databases such as MySQL?
- Your thinking is driven by MVC and Three Tiered Architecture software organization styles.
- Object orientation and object inheritance models are like second nature to you.
- You’re not a fool. You know constant learning is the key to staying on top, and you’re not afraid to learn a few new things.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a ping pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade, and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Seriously.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.
We'll be in touch.