Harry’s is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Platform team to focus on building out our client-side web experience. The Platform Engineering team at Harry’s is responsible for building the software to support all e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment and order processing.
We need someone to help form our opinions and expertise around Front End Engineering and UI development. In this role, you will be shaping Harry’s approach to emerging trends and technologies in client-side web application development. Systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot. You will be building out interface controls for our innovative and beloved subscription systems.
This should describe you:
- Have 2-3 years (or equivalent) of web development experience.
- Are familiar with the “full stack” of web application development, from HTTP to build tooling, preferably in a Ruby on Rails context.
- Are excited and eager about recent developments in Front End Engineering, especially around React.js and ES2015.
- You have a sense of humor about the naming of ES2015 and/or ES6.
- You have strong opinions about CSS and HTML and enjoy working in both.
- You have experience working in small, agile teams, especially with people outside of engineering.
What you will do:
- Work closely with our Product Management & Design teams to identify customer pain-points and solve them.
- Design and building systems to rapidly experiment and iterate on user interfaces.
- Be exposed to Harry’s “full stack” and have the opportunity to jump in to solve problems.
- Participate in our agile planning, code reviews, testing methodology, and on-call process and thinking critically about how to improve and shape those processes.
- Work in an environment that fosters creative thought, business transparency and literacy, and analytical decision making. Also, we are fun.