At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
Paytm Labs is looking for a Software Engineer to work on our personalization platform which generates over 3 billion recommendations every day. If building high throughput, low latency systems excites you, then read on!
Our ideal candidate is an problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
- Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our high throughput applications
- Understand how to leverage infrastructure for solving such large scale problems
- Work with our machine learning engineers to put cutting edge deep learning algorithms in production
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
- Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause! Support the code you write in production
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming
- In-depth understanding of concurrency and distributed computing
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, preferably Scala
- Experience writing concurrent, distributed applications using frameworks like Akka
- Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed cache
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to Scala, Java
- Experience with implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients
- Experience with AWS services
- Contribution to open source projects
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.