At SpendBridge, we believe interesting challenges are also the most rewarding. We enjoy switching things up. We love learning and using new technology to make things better. That’s the experience you’ll get working with us.
We are seeking an experienced agile full-stack software developer based in Indianapolis to help us enhance and support our flagship SaaS product, SpendBridge. This position is an ideal fit for someone who enjoys variety, collaboration, innovation, and autonomy.
We're a small team, dedicated to each other and our customers. As a developer in this small but growing organization, you will have a major impact on the architecture, design, and implementation of our product and services.
What you will be doing:
- Participating in the full agile project lifecycle by designing, storyboarding, prototyping, developing, testing, deploying, and implementing a high-transition volume e-commerce application using the latest tools and technologies.
- Building a modern web services architecture to integrate with various internal and external services and APIs.
- Shoring up our application architecture to improve logging, error handling, and performance.
- Implementing DevOps strategies to improve automation and reduce waste.
- Helping to scale our platform as we grow.
- Staying current with emerging technologies and trends.
- Understand emerging web and mobile development models
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of C# using Visual Studio using Webforms, MVC and Entity Framework
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT and VSTS
- Working knowledge of IIS
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale data base management systems.
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database is required
- Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- More than 5 years of experience as a developer using the Microsoft technology stack.
- Significant experience working with lean/agile methodologies.
- Able to learn quickly and master diverse techniques.
- Equally comfortable taking the lead and sharing responsibility as necessary.
- Well-versed in a broad range of complementary tools and technologies.
Whether through experience or willingness to learn, you should be comfortable with most of the following:
- .NET Framework 4.6 / C# / ASP.NET / MVC
- LINQ / Entity Framework / Unity / Migrations
- Relational databases / SQL / T-SQL / RedGate
- XML / CXML
- HTML / XHTML / CSS / SASS / Bootstrap
- Web Services / SOA / Odata / WCF / SOAP / REST / WSDL
- Visual Studio 2017
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Visual Studio Online / Team Foundation Server (VSTS)
- Unit testing frameworks, e.g. NUnit
- Logging frameworks, e.g. log4net
- Build automation / DevOps / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- UI / UX design / Usability / Human Factors
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonuses
- Generous holiday/PTO policy with birthdays off
- Paid training
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401k w/ match
- Life insurance
We offer a close-knit culture, casual work environment, frequent team lunches, and a stocked break room when you're ready for a soft drink. Our developers get multiple monitors and sit-stand desks. We're steps away from the Canal, Monument Circle, Mass Ave, and Community Healthplex at the Tower where many of our employees work out!
*Please note that Dodson Group, Inc., our parent company, is a government contractor and therefore in compliance with federal law, all persons hired must verify identity and be U.S. citizens or verified legally eligible to work in the U.S. by the Department of Homeland Security.
This position does not provide sponsorship, must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.