Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is hiring a Software Engineer to join our R&D Team in Downtown LA. This team builds Taboola Newsroom, an innovating editorial tool powered by Taboola’s predictive engine and massive data set of over 1B internet users. Taboola Newsroom helps writers, editors and special-interest teams make informed decisions to increase readership.
In this job you will:
- Develop one of the largest real time big data operations in the world to support over 40TB of new data every day
- Have end to end ownership: Design, build, ship, measure and maintain our backend services
- Collaborate with the brightest software engineers team members
- Influence directly on the way billions of people discover the internet
- Work on projects such as: Internet Personalization, Content Feed, Real Time Bidding, Video Recommendations and much more
Our Tech Stack:
Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Vertica, MySQL, HDFS, BigQuery, Docker, Linux.
- 3+ years programming experience in Java or equivalent Object-Oriented language
(preferably Java 8+Spring)
- Production systems understanding (system architecture of web products)
- Passion for solving problems, and working very close to the business
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams
Nice to have:
- Experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Experienced with Kafka/docker/k8s
- Deep understanding with web systems (API / REST / NGINX)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL (mysql / Vertica / Cassandra)
- Experience in Big Data tools (BQ / zeppelin etc)
- Knowledge in algorithms, data-mining and machine learning