Position can be located within the U.S., or within the Ontario or Quebec provinces of Canada.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
As a Data/Software Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining a data platform responsible for supplying data to Techstars teams, partners and products. This includes (but is not limited to) components related to ingest, cleansing, digest, analytics and consumption. This involves proficiency in a variety of data technologies including NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, Redis), relational databases (Postgres) and streaming technologies. We make heavy use of Open Source libraries, 3rd party APIs, and cloud infrastructure. We believe in sustainable software development using Agile Development methodologies and continuously testing and deploying code to production. We believe in creating robust, performant, maintainable, observable solutions. As an organization we value innovation and collaboration.
What you will do
- Be part of an agile scrum team
- Design and build data and software solutions that are performant, reliable and testable
- Research and establish solution design patterns
- Support production and be part of an on call rotation
- Continuously improve the quality of our development, deployment, testing, and operational processes
What you bring
- A passion for building data and analytics solutions
A deep appreciation for dev/ops and experience working with distributed systems, cloud, and container platforms
- Data engineering experience with ETL, ELT, Pipelines, Cleansing and Mastery
- Diverse experience with languages (ie. SQL, Python, Node, Scala)
- Experience working with a variety of relational and non-relational database systems (ie Postgres, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with cloud based data visualization technologies (ie. Looker, Domo, Tableau)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, a desire to learn and teach
- 3+ years of applicable experience
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.