We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and implement our software solutions.
With over 30 installations globally, our Autostore Terminal Operating System (TOS) optimises containerised cargo management. It controls all container moves, manual and automated assets, people and management information across single or multiple sites in real-time.
Terminal Operating Systems (TOS) are built applications such as port, inland, yard operations as well as advanced equipment positioning. Port operations are considered the bottleneck in most container terminals around the world. Autostore TOS is the cutting-edge container management system that efficiently manages every component of the terminal. It combines the best practices of hands-on operational management with secure, scalable and reliable technologies that helps the bottom line of our customers, this ultimately reduces turnaround time for faster throughput while delivering fingertip control of customer and management information in real-time – it’s exciting stuff!
So, where you do come in? Ultimately the role of our Software Engineer is to deliver high-quality features with optimal solutions and exceptional coding techniques.
Typical development activities include:
· Database schema modifications.
· Creation of CRUD operations in TSQL.
· Business logic implementations in C# or TSQL.
· Bug fixes and small changes to Visual Basic 6 UI
· Significant work on legacy applications.
· Release and deployment of upgrades and changes to customer production and test systems
- Great Customer Portfolio
- Worldwide Reach
- Happy Team
What's in in for you?
- Competitive Salary (negotiable depending on skills and experience)
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays
- Employee Perks Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working policy
- Ultra-modern office
- Free onsite parking
- Office easily accessible from M1 and A46
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in software development
- Visual Basic 6 (or Visual Basic .Net), C++ and C# Programming Language
- Strong SQL/TSQL including stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Experience and appreciation of Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Microsoft Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server / Azure Devops
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Systems
- SQL Server DBA skills, database maintenance etc.
- SQL Server Always On Availability Groups.
- SQL Server performance tuning.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- Strong debugging skills
- Additional nice-to-haves Jaspersoft, Angular JS
- Development of new, and maintenance of existing features within the software products
- Work from requirements specified as user stories, user acceptance criteria, and test plans
- Maintain and improve code quality, development tools, and processes
- Working closely with our Service Team to maintain/improve systems deployed with our existing customer base.
- To potentially take the technical lead role on a new customer project and to see that project through the full life-cycle
TBA Group was established over 30 years ago; we’re award-winning and one of Europe’s leading software development companies for the intermodal and logistics companies. Through our innovative software, we produce market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide.
The work we do is complex, challenging and rewarding and together with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and a close-knit team, we believe we offer a unique working environment; our enviable staff retention rate speaks volumes about our ethos. It’s our aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years and with our sights set on our ambition and there are opportunities for career advancement within our thriving, award-winning professional organisation.
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending in your resume and cover letter.