Have you wanted to work with a database containing over one trillion data points? This is your opportunity! As a Software Engineer, you will craft, implement and operate distributed software systems to efficiently process, organize and query internet-scale data at Quantcast.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly measured destinations. Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting, and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
You will work closely with product and business partners to deliver capabilities to Ara™, our intelligent audience platform which provides interactive, real-time and expressive insights to a global set of publishers and marketers. You are comfortable working on an agile, dynamic team.
- Design, implement and own solutions to big-data problems in a highly scalable way.
- Demonstrate analytics skills to help business customers answer questions based on Quantcast’s vast data set on internet activity.
- Broadly communicate knowledge and innovative methodologies within the team and the engineering organization.
- Participate in team-wide on-call rotations.
- 3 years of software engineering experience, including internships
- Proven algorithmic problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of distributed systems
- Proficient in Java and/or Golang
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS a plus
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (We recognize that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast is implementing a hybrid work model which will take effect October 18, 2021. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.