The key responsibilities of the role will be as follows
- Writing the altogether new Inventory Management and Order Management and Delivery Management system from the scratch.
- Focus on scalability, performance, service robustness, and cost trade-offs
- Continuous drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate, and optimise systems and tools to best meet evolving business needs
- Attention to detail, coupled with ability to think abstractly
- Collaborate with teams to develop and support the smooth 24x7 operation of our service
- Create prototypes and proof-of-concepts for iterative development
- Keen to learn new technologies and apply the knowledge in production systems
- Take complete ownership of projects and their development cycle
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Must have at least 2 years experience in backend development.
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern high level programming language.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Strong knowledge of any of the databases like MySQL, NoSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience in scripting languages like Python, PHP etc.
- Hands-on experience with systems that are asynchronous, RESTful and demand concurrency.
- Knowledge of best software engineering practices for all stages of software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, testing, deployment and leading/Mentoring experience is good to have.
We seek to foster our team’s diversity, in terms of culture and life experiences. We especially encourage women, sexual and gender minorities, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.