Sentieo is powering the future of financial and corporate research in a $30B market. Our vision is to create a world where competitive organizations have the insights they need to win. Built by former hedge fund analysts, we empower competitive investors and corporations to rapidly discover insights so they can make smarter investments and execute winning strategies. Supporting a global customer base of over 900 clients, we are excited to propel Sentieo into the next phase of our company’s global growth - from advanced, unprecedented product development to accelerated team scaling and expansion. Join our team as we reimagine the future of fintech.
As a Software Developer, initially as you become familiar with our systems, this position will allow you to work across the stack of an incredibly large and powerful platform built on the latest technology. In order to succeed at this position, you will need to be comfortable with - and willing to work across - the entire stack. before. Above all, you must be incredibly detail oriented: our product is used to make investment decisions where billions of dollars are at stake. You will have a great deal of input and responsibility.
- You will be responsible for improving existing pieces of our product and infrastructure
- You will work on new and innovative products
- You will build new server and data processing infrastructure to help us handle an ever-increasing amount of data.
- You will be setting up servers, building APIs
- You will be working on both our back-end and front-end deployments(majorly Back-end)
- You will help our users find gemstones in a mountain of data by building tools capable of sifting through huge databases of financial, regulatory, and legal information
- Team player.
- Passion for releasing bug free code.
- Strong coding skills in Python with Pandas and NumPy.
- Experience in Big Data and Distributed Systems.
- 2-4 years experience as an Engineer.
- Understand the pros and cons of client side caching and edge caching.
- Experience and passion for system architecture design.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Easily adapt and learn new things whether it's a new library, framework, process or a visual design concept.
- Willingness to take on roles and responsibilities outside your comfort zone to get the job done.
- Understanding of security related concepts/concerns within a full stack web application.
- You should be creative, someone who can find solutions to problems that have never been solved
- Big data tools like Hadoop etc, Natural Language Processing, Search platforms like Solr, Elastic-search, Sphinx etc, No SQL databases like Mongodb, Couch Db etc.
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We believe that a diverse team can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of clients we seek to serve. As such, Sentieo is committed to a diverse representation among our employees.