Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to be part of our fast-growing engineering team and help expand our cutting-edge platform. Responsibilities include understanding requirements, design, implementation, code reviews, writing effective tests, deployment, and monitoring. You will develop and maintain efficient, high-quality software while meeting coding, security, and technical standards.
Your ideal job should be one where you work in a small team and are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive on a daily basis. You should want to be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn are valued and aptly rewarded; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
In the Backend Engineer role you will:
- Write performant, quality code and tests, and deliver on time.
- Understand proposed designs, seek a deeper understanding, and implement per requirements.
- Occasionally seek guidance.
- Complete development tasks on schedule, with high quality and minimal post-launch issues.
- Actively seek better understanding of system design, and apply to solutions. Actively observe, learn, and grow. Solutions may need refinement.
- Communicate closely and effectively with stakeholders and peers to establish requirements, share project status, and deal with unexpected issues.
- Uphold technical and security standards, and consistently apply best practices.
- Support and enhance existing systems and platforms.
- Maintain a sufficiently generic yet simple and economical solution. Improve operational metrics, test coverage.
- Participate in code reviews and follow best practices for clean code and architecture.