Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
As a software engineer at Vevo, you will join a small autonomous team responsible for the entire catalog of music video content. Day to day, you will collaborate with the other team members and stakeholders to define, design, deliver and support business facing services and applications. You will be responsible for helping improve team standards, architecture, and task breakdown. You will lead with empathy, balancing user needs and technical constraints, to deliver valuable solutions for a multi-billion dollar industry.
This is a full-time position based in Big Pink (US Bancorp Tower) in downtown Portland. Vevo offices are located in New York, Chicago, LA, London and Portland. In the Portland office you will find a heavy product and engineering presence and culture. Vevo provides catered lunches everyday, arranges monthly game nights, volunteer activities and other events, fostering an environment of professional comradery.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Collaborate with other software engineers, internal and external (Sony and Universal) stakeholders and product manager to build services and applications
- Work closely with product managers, designers, software engineers and infrastructure engineers to design and implement new features
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to evangelize and strengthen the engineering culture by continuously improving practices, processes, standards, and tooling
This describes you:
- You believe in values like effectiveness over efficiency and quality over quantity
- You desire to continuously improve your team, your product and yourself
- You have pragmatic communication and problem-solving skills
- You are opinionated yet humble
- At least 3+ years of software development experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or a related field, or relevant experience
- Experience with scalable, distributed, containerized back-end services
- Experience with modern persistence layers, including NoSQL and RDBs
- Experience with cloud hosting, Kubernetes clusters with Docker containers in AWS
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as: Webpack, Gradle, GoCD, CircleCI, Jenkins
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and platforms, such as: SonarQube, Mocha, and Mockito
- Extra credit for experience with modern web technologies and frameworks, such as: Node.js, ES2019, Webpack, React, GraphQL, Jest, Enzyme, etc.
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We are a tight community of fun, upbeat people with a real passion for music and technology
- We are active in the PDX development community including hosting/attending meetups
- We help you remain up to date with new technology through our skill based guilds, book clubs, code and tells, and other opportunities like professional training and conferences
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We provide daily catered lunches and an assortment of snacks and beverages Excellent benefits package including a 401K match
- Competitive compensation packages
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.