Imply is behind a data platform that’s used at some of the largest companies in the world to answer complex questions from trillions of events and data points in less than a second. To power our platform, we build and maintain Apache Druid, an open-source real-time analytical database used at thousands of companies. Our customers use Imply to answer questions from “What do tweens in North Carolina who listen to Justin Bieber like to buy“ to “What updates to our infrastructure have caused the CPU to spike when some customers from Europe hit our servers” to “Why are we seeing an increase in traffic going through our backbone from Japan as opposed to being routed internally?”
We are a collaborative and supportive team. We measure our individual success by how well our team does and by how well we push each other to grow professionally. We believe teams should have significant say in what they build and how, and therefore should be responsible for the eventual success of what they’re building, whether it’s in ensuring customers can use it or sales people can sell it or support people can support it. As part of Imply, you’ll get exposure and ownership over how whatever you build fits not just with the rest of the product but with the rest of the org.
We’re looking for a talented Software Engineer who is passionate about building web-scale products that are used at thousands of companies around the world. You would be working with a small team of multi-talented engineers, implementing, deploying, and managing reliable software-as-a-service systems that process petabytes of data with low latency requirements.
You might work on:
- Building the next generation Imply SaaS product on cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Designing and deploying resilient, highly-available systems across multiple geographic regions
- Designing a flexible, platform-agnostic product that can run equally well in the cloud, on-premises, or in a hybrid environment
- Instrumenting, monitoring, and improving the reliability of systems that can consist of thousands of nodes and petabytes of data
Ideal experience and skills:
- 5+ years experience working with cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Comfortable in a Linux environment and working with scripting languages like Bash and Python
- Demonstrable expertise building products on top of Kubernetes (K8S); familiarity with Helm is a plus
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code solutions such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Familiarity operating distributed fault-tolerant systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or Zookeeper is a plus
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Datadog, New Relic, or Sensu is a plus
- Strong communication skills: ability to explain complex technical concepts to designers, support staff, and other engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.