Codecademy is a mission driven startup that teaches millions of people across the world how to code. We equip people with the technical skills they need to find success in a rapidly changing, digital world.
At Codecademy, we build products utilizing small, cross-functional teams. We set clear high level company goals, then each team autonomously determines how to achieve these goals. Teams have daily stand-ups and work toward small iterative releases. Team members collaborate on the entire development process from ideation to delivery.
Product Engineers at Codecademy build tools to streamline the curriculum authoring process, improve our interactive Learning Environment, and increase user engagement through features like user profiles, progress visibility, and collaboration.
- Take part in every aspect of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design review, implementation, testing, and optimization
- Write well structured code that is idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of full-stack web development experience using frameworks like Ruby on Rails or equivalent (Django, Express)
- Ability to empathize and collaborate with a diverse range of peers
- Strong problem solving skills; Ability to find the practical, effective solution for a difficult problem
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Real-world experience building applications with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferably)
Tech we use:
- React, Redux, Jest, Webpack, ES6+, SCSS
- Ruby on Rails, Go
- MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- AWS, Docker, Chef
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.