Here at Helix, we have a saying that "There is a part of you that you’ve never met before." We believe that every person deserves the opportunity to discover insights into their DNA, and that those insights are accessed securely, accurately, and affordably.
That's why we are building a platform that will serve millions of users at an unprecedented data scale, data that is the most personal kind of data you can have — DNA. We are building an app store that will be a one-of-a-kind genomics storefront, rich with partner products ranging from carrier screening to recreation to health and wellness. We are building a developer ecosystem that will unlock the creativity of the community to discover new insights that we can’t even dream of today.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity - we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility - we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility - flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
We're looking for passionate, talented individuals who can:
- Construct a big data pipeline processing a large, rich genomic dataset
- Author data models that are simple, functional, and support varied use cases
- Build for scale across multiple dimensions, from users to partners to engineering best practices.
- Create a product and platform from scratch. There is no legacy code to maintain — start with a blank canvas to shape the technology, company, and industry.
At a minimum, you have:
- 7+ years development experience in Python, Java, C#, or C++
- Interest or experience in Golang
- Expertise architecting large, high-scale data pipelines
- Proficiency with Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, or Storm
- Command of data modeling, data stores (relational, NoSQL), query optimization
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- BS+ in Computer Science required; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus
- Great problem-solving skills and experience with some or all of these areas: software platforms, consumer applications, genomics
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Great benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k with employer matching
- 12 weeks paternity and maternity leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidies
Our headquarters are located in San Carlos with the clinical genetics laboratory based in San Diego. We’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume or inquire at [email protected] with any questions.
Equal Opportunity Employer