Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero’s operational team is transforming the way it works to become more agile and efficient. We are looking to grow and develop our Reliability team to tackle the unique challenges that come with supporting the growing Xero application at scale.
About The Team...
The Reliability team is passionate about building reliable and efficient software. We do this by providing real time support for Xero’s customer facing applications and now, to help Xero scale its data platforms, we’re also looking at developing world class products that our Engineers can use to make it easier for product teams to build and maintain high performing and reliable databases.
About The Role...
As a Software Engineer in Data Reliability you will be collaborating with your stakeholders to understand and address their challenges and to efficiently drive discussions to achieve positive outcomes.
- You have passion for data and database technologies
- You are keen to rapidly learn new concepts, technologies and processes in your role to contribute to your team’s business outcomes and our customers’ satisfaction
- You are not afraid to ask questions and challenge existing ways of working to improve outcomes
- You are curious by nature
- You are comfortable with the unknown, and embrace the challenge that comes with establishing new ways of working
- You are a self-starter who proactively seeks opportunities to support your stakeholders on their journey from discovery to delivery of customer value
What You'll Bring With You...
- You have a software engineering background, you understand and can contribute to each phase of the full SDLC
- You have experience with building distributing systems using Cloud Technologies (AWS is preferred)
- You have some experience with automated testing frameworks and methodologies
- You have experience using deployment and monitoring tools
- You have interest in DevOps practices
- You have interest and knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- You are familiar with Agile and Lean practices and how they are applied in Software Engineering and Operations environments
- If you have experience with Microsoft SQL Server, that is definitely a plus
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.