About Team & About Role:
Rubrik is creating the cloud data management space. We make it easy for businesses to protect, search, secure, and analyze all of their data simply and scalability. As cloud continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Our Software Engineers are self-starters, driven and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge you to do your best work. To do that, we have a very fluid structure and give people flexibility to work on projects that they enjoy most. This develops more capable engineers and keeps everyone engaged and happy.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical leadership to the team which includes providing architecture guidelines, design and code reviews, mentorship to build a robust platform layer.
- Work cross-functionally to build in reliability and simplicity into a scale-out cluster
- Develop an architecture that will allow portability across multiple kernel environments, and leverage new and existing tools from the Linux community.
- Create a hardware agnostic layer to provide a common set of services and policies, re-working the software / hardware interface.
- Build and enhance the framework for configuring and monitoring of the nodes in a cluster environment. Example - Driving key supportability/reliability improvements required for Rubrik appliances to detect problems on any node in a cluster, and then take steps to automatically fix the problems.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in complex customer environments and provide guidance on best practices
- Assess the reliability of the Linux IO stack, and create new features to enhance the error handling and performance of the stack.
- Full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment.
- 10+ years of experience with Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, preferred Master’s degree
- Strong background in System programming and OS fundamentals.
- Extensive experience with Linux kernel or equivalent, and kernel troubleshooting and debugging, particularly as it relates to the Software/Hardware interaction.
- Good understanding of platform software, driver development and troubleshooting.
- Proven track record of building, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure, for example - big data platform or distributed file system.
- Understanding of software and firmware upgrade process, particularly in HA/Cluster environments.
- Strong in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++, Python - GO is also preferred
- Experience in working in complex environments, in particular networking experience and network troubleshooting knowledge is a big plus.
- Knowledge of distributed systems design and development experience is a bonus
- Strong interest in learning new technologies.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Linkedin | Twitter | Rubrik.com |
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.