Simply stated, Livongo exists to empower people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. This is your chance to help to build and scale Livongo’s product platform during a time of tremendous growth and product expansion.
What makes a Software Engineer at Livongo different?
- As a member of the Devices Backend team, you will:
- Build the backend platform that powers hundreds of thousands of Livongo smart devices.
- Take ownership of our microservices infrastructure that:
- Processes and stores millions of biometric readings each day, including blood pressure, weight, blood glucose, and CGM data
- Provides clinical features such as coaching, alerting, advice, and digital programs
- Automatically ships devices and medical supplies to members when needed
- Provisions connectivity, authentication, and member profiles to devices
- Collect telemetry, such as battery level and connectivity, and monitor device health
- Apply and lead the best practices to create elegant, adaptable, scalable software.
- Harness frameworks such as Scala, Play, gRPC, Kafka, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Prometheus and FHIR, while contributing code and design to Livongo's common backend infrastructure.
- Work with the Product team to design and deliver features, and with the Data Science team to build analysis on device data.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable
- 5+ years experience in software engineering in a functional or object-oriented language (such as Scala, Java, Python)
- Experience implementing REST/gRPC APIs and event-driven architecture
- Solid grasp of engineering principles, test-driven development, and CI/CD process
- Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly, effectively explaining technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Adaptability in changing work environments, managing new priorities, new instructions, delays, or unexpected events
The nature of work is interdisciplinary, and our teammates come from varying backgrounds, e.g. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Production Engineer. We urge you to apply even if you feel uncertain that you have the exact background.
People and culture are Livongo’s greatest assets! It reflects our values and the world we live in. One of diversity and inclusion where everyone’s voice is of equal importance.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Generous PTO policy
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Lunch provided Monday through Thursday (in office)
- An endless variety of healthy snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Team events and social gatherings
- Pet-friendly environment in Mountain View, CA and Denver
- Diabetes Care Prescription Reimbursement
- Discount/Subsidy program for gym membership
- Provide the full line of Livongo programs and services to all employees and their families