Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.
Software engineer distributed computational platform
In this position, you will work closely with the Electromagnetics and Antenna Modeling Engineers. Your main mission will be to refactor and transform their existing computational software into a structure natively suitable for high performance distributed compute platform leveraging AWS or in house CPU, GPU and TPU based computational clusters.
Who You Are:
You have extensive hands on experience with image processing (eg tomography) or machine learning computational pipelines involving elaborate tensor or matrix computations with big data input and output pipelines. You worked in an environment with access to a high performance compute cluster (eg AWS or Azure) which would have been vital for your research or job success.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the main mathematical computations involved in the generation of the desired antenna beam patterns and derived properties from proper excitation of many variables (degrees of freedom)
- Understand the MATLAB and Python code which is in place
- Advise on and implement a code refactor suitable for high performance distributed compute platform leveraging AWS or in house CPU, GPU and TPU based computational clusters
- Advise on and implement a database or solution for efficient data to algorithm interfacing and storage of results
- As such, boost the productivity of the antenna modelling team to support the parallel development of satcom antenna variants on the ALL.SPACE roadmap
- Configure, monitor and maintain the selected cluster solution
- Make adjustments to the software where needed to support various antenna terminal design variants
- Post process the computed data into comprehensive reports which inform decision making among configuration variants and options
- MSc/ PhD (preferred) in engineering/physics/computer science/apply mathematics or equivalent proved experience with focus in computer science and large scale mathematical computations (modeling and numerical simulations)
Skills & Experience
- Experience with implementing multi-threaded/concurrent/distributed software systems.
- Experience with database systems and other data storage systems
- Familiarity with large system software design and development.
- Familiarity with systems that manage compute clusters (eg AWS, Azure)
- Solid understanding of linear algebra, linear transformations, direct & iterative solving methods
• Solid understanding of statistical methods
- Solid understanding of optimisation methods
- Mastery of different programming languages for computational programming, including Octave/MATLAB (required), Python with Numpy/Scipy/Pandas and/or similar packages (desired), C++
- Familiarity with software development best-practices such as source & version control (eg github, gitlab), collaboration, creation and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work in a team
- substantial problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively present information in team meetings and design reviews as needed
- Understanding of three-dimensional coordinate rotations and transformations,
- Understanding of conversions between common coordinate systems used in antenna and electromagnetics modeling, including theta/phi, elevation/azimuth in spherical and rectangular representations
- Understanding and experience in properly handling the common electromagnetic field and polarisation representations used in antenna simulations, including theta/phi, x/y/z, and polarisation definitions
- Familiarity with the transformations and distinctions between near and far-fields, from far-fields to directivity, gain, realised gain, and antenna aperture efficiency
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre
ALL.SPACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying disability, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We base all hiring decisions on candidate qualifications and business needs.
Apply for this job