BuildZoom is a managed marketplace that is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry. We guide clients with medium-to-large residential and light commercial projects through the construction process and help them turn vision into physical reality. Our platform ensures accountability and transparency throughout the process, enabling us to deliver great outcomes in a historically challenging industry. Last year, we managed over $150M in construction projects and are on track to double this year.
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight into the construction marketplace. Our bleeding-edge data ingestion framework is helping us accumulate the most complete and timely data sets in the industry. On top of that wealth of data, we're building analytics capabilities and a recommendations engine that will redefine the industry. We're also building sophisticated UX workflows to support power users that include project owners, contractors, and construction engineers.
Because we're a small engineering team and business is growing quickly you will be asked to wear many hats and contribute in areas that align with your strengths and interests. Depending on your interests, you will contribute to front and back-end web, mobile, infrastructure, growth, and product strategy.
This position can be located in Phoenix, AZ or San Francisco, CA.
- 3+ years of hands-on software engineering experience in a professional team-based environment
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and emotional intelligence
- Interest in wearing multiple hats to influence strategy, planning, and design
- Experience with some of our technologies: ReactJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch
- Drive. A passionate desire to democratize access to stress-free and cost-effective remodeling & construction.
- Self Improvement. A dedication to personal growth, achievement, and self-actualization.
- Collaboration. Our team is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Quantitative. Our business decisions are made with data.
- Scrappy and Tenacious. Win in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles.