With Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We've been part of Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we've been growing 4x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we're already profitable and we have very ambitious plans. Come join our exciting company!
We're looking for an experienced software engineer. You'll play a key part in developing and guiding our product. You should have a broad practical knowledge in different areas of software development. We're looking for a developer whose existing skills, experience and knowledge will complement and support our growing team. We’re an early stage startup so you’ll have the opportunity to have significant influence over the trajectory of our products.
Our back-end uses Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, Redis, MongoDB and Postgres, with Vue.js
on the front-end. We use Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform. You aren't expected to be familiar with all of these technologies and will have the time and support to develop your skills and understanding on the job.
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch, driven, self-motivated candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You Will Be Doing
- Building and maintaining applications primarily written in Vue.js, Python and Django.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplined team, including designers, engineers, product managers and researchers.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your code - we have a strong testing culture.
- Improving our existing systems so that they can scale as we grow.
- Sharing best practices to improve our products and processes.
- Designing the architecture of new services as part of a team
- A track record of shipping products that make an impact on users lives
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
Nice To Have
- Experience of using React or Vue.js in production
- Knowledge of Python and experience of developing applications with Django or a similar framework.
- Experience improving the scalability of applications.
- Knowledge of application security.
- Team leading/mentoring experience.
- Building and supporting APIs for customer use.
- Familiarity with data engineering and/or machine learning.
- Understanding of Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform or similar technologies.
What We Offer
- Meaningful share option allocation and salary depending on experience.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am - 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave