Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, and Nairobi, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world's emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch's mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org
. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced its Series B and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
You will work closely with our product and data science teams to design and maintain multiple technologies, including our RoR API, Python data science server, and Android app. We face numerous interesting technical challenges ranging from maintaining complex financial systems to accessing and processing creative data sources for our algorithmic credit model.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems as they arise. You’ve started and/or contribute to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
- You are curious about new technologies and are eager to learn about all parts of our technology stack.
- You love to code. You have extensive knowledge of a variety of languages, including strong expertise in Ruby, Python, and Java.
- You understand the difference between solving hard computer science challenges and writing maintainable code that helps our business thrive.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 80% coverage of insurance costs (health, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe
- Pre-tax commuter and 401(k) programs
- Weekly team meals
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.