Parrot Analytics has developed the industry’s first and only cross-platform, country-specific, real-time demand rating platform for TV content (Demand Rating™). The company's next-generation technology helps TV producers, content buyers, sellers and advertisers make more effective content decisions. We do this by capturing and analysing TV content demand in real time from hundreds of millions of viewers across the world; providing unprecedented insights into global content demand and predicting future country-specific content performance with a high degree of accuracy.
Parrot Analytics has US offices in Los Angeles and was founded in Auckland, New Zealand, where its R&D center operates from.
About The Role
We are looking for talented post graduates to join our software engineering team as part of a 6-month internship program. This is a paid, full time position at our Auckland office.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with some of the hottest, in-demand technology and solution sets within New Zealand where your output will be applied to our customers around the world. You will receive exposure towards the latest in Big Data engineering, exposure to software development in a production environment, and all the current and latest technologies in data and UI engineering (e.g. Cloud & Big Data).
You will be responsible for researching, analysing and developing enhancements towards our existing data pipelines and will work closely with our Senior Engineers and Data Scientists.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Please note: this job is being funded by Callaghan Innovation, and as such, you need to meet certain requirements before we can hire you, documented under the 'For students' header at https://www.callaghaninnovation.govt.nz/student-grants/rd-career-grants
To be eligible for an R&D Career Grant internship, students must:
- Be about to complete, or have recently completed, a masters or PhD degree in science, technology, engineering, design or business ie have submitted a thesis for marking (or completed course requirement for taught masters) less than 12 months ago
- Have undertaken the study at a New Zealand tertiary institution if you are not a New Zealand citizen
- Be legally permitted to work in New Zealand
- Not have been employed as a software engineer under a professional arrangement related to your area of study except temporary, part-time or at a tertiary organisation
- Not have been previously employed at the business – unless this was short-term employment (eg over the summer break).
- Recently completed(or due to complete in the next 6 months) a Masters or PhD in science, technology or engineering from a New Zealand tertiary institute
- You should be a builder Passionate about building software to solve business problems
- Logical and analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Knowledge of Object Orientated programming (preferably Java / Python)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, PostGRESQL and DynamoDB
- Actively experimenting with new technologies
- Self starter with strong written and verbal communication skill
- Understanding of parallel processing and distributed computing concepts
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies like scrum
- Advanced skills in java performance understanding and tuning
- An entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly!
- A innovative and collaborative working environment with a strong results and values-driven culture
- Interesting engineering challenges involving cloud infrastructure and scalability
- Exposure to Big Data platforms and tools as well as some truly global datasets (petabytes scale)
- An emphasis on learning and career growth – if you want to be the best in the world at what you do, then kick start your career with us!
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries
- A diverse group of colleagues from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers to be best in the world
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our ‘Parrot Play’ guide!) seeking to be the best in the world at what they do each day
- Working with world-renowned TV studios and brands and some of the smartest data people in the industry to solve some of the biggest data and measurement problems in the TV industry every day
- The encouragement, support, and resources you need to succeed, learn and grow in the role and in your career
- A lot of love for big data, TV shows and stories that move us!