Braintrust is a user-owned talent network that connects you with great jobs with no fees or membership costs—so you keep 100% of what you earn.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
When you join Braintrust, you will be invited to a screening process for Braintrust to learn more about your previous work experiences. Once completed, you will have access to the employer for this role and other top companies that seek high-quality talent. Apply to this job to kick off the process.
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
LOCATION: Remote - United States only
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $120/hr
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long term
Client is looking for Amazing ANDROID Devs to join ASAP.
YOU WILL HAVE THE AMAZING OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND BE TRAINED ON NEW TECH STACKS!
**Excited and willing to work in a paired programming environment for 80-100% of the time
**ANDROID (3 Years+ EXP)
**Open and excited to learn new tech stacks (FE and BE)
**Can work in a test based environment
**Excited to work with a consulting firm
**Experience/will be tested in system design, algorithms, data structure
** US Citizen
Some things you might have in your background:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Full-stack Software Development experience in a variety of functional or OO languages (e.g. Ruby, Java, Elixir, Python, C#, Go, Typescript)
- Experience with agile methodologies (XP, kanban, scrum, etc.)
- Experience with full-stack development
- You value cooperation and view software development as a team activity
- You’re comfortable collaborating in a remote environment
- You have strong opinions loosely held
- You’re committed to your craft and have a desire for continuous learning and growth
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Pair Programming
- Test Driven Development
- Incremental architecture
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Bringing new products to market
- Automating infrastructure in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Mentoring other developers
- Leading product or engineering teams
What you’ll be working on
Our client was born out of a vision to advance the craft of software development for creators, visionaries, and humanity. They’re searching for developers who care passionately about the craft of software development and are hungry to level up.
They’re dedicated to growth through discipline, collaboration, and mentorship. Their goal is to master the art of building software as small teams of passionate craftspeople. They help their clients—from brand new start-ups to tech companies and enterprise organizations—implement their own diverse cultures of software development mastery.
They practice lower-case ‘a’ agile implemented as a mix of XP (extreme programming), lean, and user centered design. They have strong opinions loosely held and are always exploring new and better ways to build software systems and organize teams.
A week in the life working for our client:
- Start the day with a quick standup.
- Dive into a mix of pair or solo programming, depending on the task at hand.
- Take time for lunch and breaks
- Sign off and recharge at the end of the work day
- Finish the week with a team retrospective
- Cross collaborate with product managers and designers.
- Own your calendar: spend most of your time coding instead of in meetings, join the activities that interest you.
- Join engineering craft workshops where you’ll share ideas and get exposed to new techniques.
- Mentor others in your areas of expertise.
- Take time to study new methods, technologies, or other areas of interest.
- Model their values of pursuing mastery, humanity, and courage.
What they can give you:
- Career plans for people on the leadership track -or- pure technical track
- A remote-based environment that will remain flexible. They also have physical offices in major cities around the U.S.
- All the supplies you need to work from home successfully—including a mechanical keyboard of your choice
- Full coverage of medical, dental, vision, pet and life insurance—for your family, too
- 401k contributions to invest in your future
- Media benefits for streaming services (Apple Services, Disney+, Espn Plus, fuboTV Inc., HBO Max, Headspace, Hulu, Netflix, Paramount, Peacock, Philo, Roku, Inc, Showtime, SLING, Spotify, Spotify Usa, Starz, Tidal, YouTube Premium, and YouTube TV)
- Fitness benefits which include either a ClassPass subscription, or a $79 stipend to use on things like gym memberships, health and wellness, etc
- Three weeks of paid time off annually, sick days, company holidays, bereavement days, parental leave, and a volunteer day
Braintrust Job ID: 6051
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.