What are we looking for?
We are looking for motivated software engineers to join our team in Spain. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end and help take the company to the next level. This is a great opportunity to join an amazing team, and also to have an impactful role in the way we take our platform to the next stage.
We’ve got a culture focused on passion, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a Software Engineer II at Eventbrite, you will build beautiful, scalable, robust and secure platforms and, why not, user interfaces, that people are excited to use every day while pushing the technological envelope with novel architectural advancements. In addition to improving the quality and effectiveness at EB, while designing prototypes and mentoring colleagues.
The Tech Stack
Python and Django are the primary off-the-shelf technologies in our stack, while modernizing our platform to Kotlin, we are hosted on AWS, and on the frontend, we make extensive use of React and Redux.
THE SKILL SET
- You have 3+ years of experience building applications at scale in at least one popular programming language, such as Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, etc
- You have 2+ years of experience using some form of web framework: Django, Symphony, Rails, ASP.net, etc.
- You have experience managing infrastructure on a platform like AWS/GCP/Azure
- You have 2+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc
- You have knowledge of microservices and/or Service Oriented Architecture
- You are an efficient, practical programmer, designed and producing dependable code
- You care about making sure your code is maintainable and well tested
- You have a holistic approach to quality
- You are a results-driven self-starter with great communication and collaboration skills; we put a lot of emphasis on being team players
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring colleagues
- You have experience working with modern frontend frameworks: React, Backbone/Marionette, etc
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins/ CircleCI
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.