Eventbrite is the leading global ticketing and event technology platform, powering over five million live experiences and 300 million tickets every year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions – by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a team that ensures that the Eventbrite platform runs efficiently, securely, and at scale.
The Britelings on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software. Our technology spans across technology domains like web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, and search.
As an engineer on the Search Team, you will be responsible for delivering features and improvements to Search and Personalization webpages and the eventbrite attendee app.
Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we build our team and product. We engage with the community by hosting events with exciting technical speakers and releasing key building blocks of our stack as open-source software.
- Utilize your software development and design expertise to modernize Eventbrite’s streaming and subscription platforms, leveraging cloud native solutions.
- Educate other engineering teams and advocate for scalable and maintainable architectural decisions.
- Collaborate closely with other Eventbrite engineering teams to build out additional observability throughout our stack utilizing tools like Datadog, AWS CloudWatch, and others.
- Investigate new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization.
- Work closely with AWS, leveraging a number of cloud native solutions to modernize the Eventbrite platform.
THE TECH STACK
- Our primary stack is Python/Django and Kotlin based microservices, running on the AWS platform.
- In addition to self-managed infrastructure like RabbitMQ and Kafka, we heavily rely on various AWS services such as Aurora, OpenSearch, ElastiCache, and many others.
- We also leverage the HashiCorp toolset in our stack (Consul, Nomad, Vault, and Terraform).
- Understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- 2+ years of application development and design experience with modern languages like Python, Kotlin, etc.
- Experience working with cloud providers such as AWS, and cloud architectures and design patterns.
- Familiarity with pub-sub and streaming technologies like SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others.
- Experience working with search and/or recommendation technology, providing the most relevant and engaging results.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.