By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Why Box needs you:
The Desktop team builds applications that bring the power of Box's content platform to where users get their work done - on their Windows and MacOS devices. Our desktop applications help users access and collaborate on their documents in cloud with the familiarity of their local computer and local applications. In this role you will work on the foundational tools and frameworks - from Continuous Integration to our Release Framework, Product Health metric framework infrastructure to Virtualization pipeline - to allow the whole team to be productive and deliver products to customers with high quality. We are looking for strong teammates who enjoy building solutions for other engineers and tacking diverse problems beyond the core product codebase.
- Collaborate with and learn from a team of talented engineers in both our US locations and the Warsaw office.
- Join daily stand ups to update and coordinate with other engineers and managers on the team.
- Work with Desktop engineering teams and cross functional teams to build, maintain, and improve tooling and frameworks that support the whole team's ability to build enterprise grade products.
- Review teammate's code in peer reviews and have your code reviewed by peers.
- Define and document technical designs and processes to communicate clearly on technical topics and solutions.
- Research and propose various design approaches and present corresponding pros and cons to fellow engineers and management.
- Work with a variety of systems from CI systems to tiered release systems, metric ingestion to automation frameworks, to tackle the top problems impacting team productivity.
- Own or co-own team projects where you are the technical leader. This will include owning project goals and delivery as well as maintaining a high bar for modular, maintainable, and testable code.
- Investigate the pain-points in our development processes and systems. Then help prioritize and fix them.
- Develop metrics, alerts and reports that help monitoring the health of our infrastructure systems.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of development experience or operations experience
- You are proficient in a modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Go), and have knowledge of software design principles
- You have strong design and analytical skills
- You are familiar with modern unit-testing and functional-testing frameworks and methodologies
- You have a history of collaboration and success close knit teams
- You enjoy building tools and frameworks for other engineers
- You have excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You have practical experience managing jobs and pipelines for CI/CD and SCM solutions like Jenkins, Github, etc.
- You have practical experience managing VMs of different types and associated tools like Ansible
- You are able to assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time sensitive manner
- Experience with VSphere and/or ESXi
- Experience with Parallels
- Experience with Unix/Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with build security, code signing, and secure deployment
- Experience with Mac and Windows
- Practical experience with networking
Percent of Time Spent
- 50% Designing, coding, and building integrations/frameworks
- 15% Providing support to Desktop team on tools & frameworks and system upgrades
- 15% Investigating and addressing system issues
- 15% Meetings
- 5% Documentation
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise, Confluence
- Code reviews - GitHubEnterprise
- Version control system - GitHubEnterprise
- CI/CD automation system - Jenkins
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation"