"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own front page, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 230 million users worldwide.
If our mission resonates with you, you’re interested in being part of a small, collaborative team, and want to help Reddit realize its full potential, then join us!
The infrastructure team is a small nimble team that powers one of the top nine websites in the US and we’re looking for a passionate engineer to help us build the next generation of Reddit’s infrastructure.
- Architect and develop a versatile, scalable, and highly reliable platform that supports building tons of Reddit products.
- Proven ability to learn from and work with a growing engineering and cross-functional team.
- Develop services that can be used across multiple engineering teams.
- Learn, apply and create Reddit best practices across the entire stack.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Highly effective communication skills and experience on a service oriented team.
- Autonomous. Take initiative to work directly with your coworkers and customers to figure out what's important.
- Be able to balance short-term and long-term vision.
- Experience building scalable backend systems.
- A strong software developer with a passion for building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Experience building and maintaining production systems
- Familiarity with Python, Memcached, Cassandra, Postgres, Zookeeper, and AWS
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401k -- with matching
- Onsite meals and snacks
- Wellness benefits and perks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time
- Your very own custom Reddit alien (aka Snoo)