We're looking for a Software Engineer for our integrations team to help build and maintain our APIs and integration solutions for connecting CareMessage with leading EHR systems. Our team believes in an Agile development environment, test driven development. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL, and we place an emphasis on open collaboration and ownership. When something isn’t working, we’re not afraid to throw it out and try something new - so if you have exciting ideas about the dev process and how to make your own job even easier, you’ll fit right in. We're remote first! All of our developers and QA engineers are working from a remote location
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Apply scalable application fundamental design principles as needed.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests
- Collaborate with engineering, QA, and product team members
- Scale our applications as our user base grows
- Be responsible for leading product features from concept to implementation to deployment
- 2+ years of working experience with HL7 (V2) and API-based integrations.
- 2+ years of web application engineering experience with Ruby
- A solid understanding of Ruby and object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with important concepts including MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Passionate about improving the dev process and recognize the value of an awesome company culture
- Familiarity with Healthcare industry and Enterprise level application development.
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with development aiding tools, such as Bower, Bundler, or Rake.
- Understanding of healthcare data interoperability standards such as HL7, FHIR, CDA etc is desired.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback
is a unique, fast growth (300%+ CAGR) SaaS not-for-profit health technology company dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations in the United States (and some day, globally). CareMessage’s technology acts as a bridge between the patient/caregiver and the healthcare organization, typically a hospital, clinic or health plan. For the healthcare organization, CareMessage’s cloud-based dashboard enables staff members to automate various kinds of interventions for individual and groups of patients. The patient/caregiver receives targeted alerts, reminders and notifications through text and voice messaging.
Over the last year, CareMessage has been tripled in size, quadrupled its total customer base and achieved significant revenue growth (including partnering with some of the largest health systems and health plans in the country). CareMessage currently partners with nearly 200 healthcare organizations in 38 states across the country. The organization is reaching more than 700,000 patients, and is doubling its reach every six months. CareMessage has raised significant philanthropic capital from major institutions, including Google.org, Y Combinator, the Pershing Square Foundation, the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the CVS Health Foundation, the Marc and Laura Andreessen Foundation and the William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation. CareMessage employs ~35 people and is based in San Francisco, CA.