Democracy is work, let us make it easy. Our vision is for all citizens to have the information they need to be the driving force of democracy.
Civicly Envolved is a digital platform that helps citizens get more involved in their government, and provides officials, advocacy groups and even candidates critical insights into how their citizens feel.
Our goal is to build a simple, personalized interface that aggregates the data that you need to get involved. We are an early-stage start-up looking for passionate, creative, self-starters who want to 1) learn about this complex environment, and 2) help make a real difference in the world.
The Software Engineer Intern will be working directly with Co-Founders and others on the product team to learn more about what delights our customers. The intern will focus on building out the back-end of data aggregating services across the customer journey, for use in downstream analytics categorization and mobile front-end. Work with the product team to make new UI/UX features a reality in the back-end and build creative solutions for the company. The intern will also be responsible for coordinating changes with other developers, and developing/executing QA/testing the product/features with users and cataloguing feedback.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Collaborate with data analyst to determine data sources for aggregation
● Work with the team to develop a prioritized list of data required for aggregation
● Develop software solutions that can aggregate & serve API and webscraped data
● Leverage cloud based services to ensure continuous access of data to the mobile front-end
● Debug and deploy solutions to ensure they are ready for deployment
● Build out diverse use case testing scenarios
● Test software and deploy into production