Are you looking to get real world software engineering experience? Our team is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineering Intern for our Provo & Salt Lake City office. The Software Engineering Intern plays a key role in each phase of the software development life-cycle by applying their technical skills and experiences to improve software design and development methods. As an intern, this individual will contribute to the success of our engineering team as well as receive training and mentoring.
What you’ll do:
- You will learn accepted coding standards and how to write clean, well-formed, testable, and maintainable software with assistance and mentorship.
- Collaborate on, develop, and maintain high quality software products.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and debug defects in software and related systems on a basic level.
- Participate in the project discovery process and use a basic understanding of object-oriented methodologies to improve software.
- You will participate in code reviews, and apply concepts discovered in this process.
- You will help identify ways our software products may be failing to meet the needs of our enterprise scale business and exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Build productive working relationships with other developers.
Who you are:
- Currently working towards a BA/BS degree
- You have knowledge on client-side scripting frameworks
- You have experience with Git and other development tools
- Experience developing websites and applications is plus
- Experience with Agile Scrum SDLC
- Strong attention to detail
- You have excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills
Why you’ll love us:
- Don’t sweat if you forget your lunch. If a free meal gets you excited, prepare to calm yourself - we have catered meals every day.
- It’s stunning here. Bridal Veil Falls, Mount Timpanogos, and Timpanogos Caves, Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, the Provo River, and Utah Lake State Park are among the most impressive and serene natural landmarks in the country, all at our doorstep. A bit further, discover the majesty of Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, and Arches National Park.
- Tired of your view? No problem! We’ll even pay for your trip on the train. We want our Provo and SLC team members to easily work from whatever office fits their needs that day, so we offer free rail passes.
- Here, you’re a big deal. Close to a third of our customer transactions go through our Provo Data Center. When you’re talking about millions of customers, that’s no small task.