Taboola, NY is looking for a full-stack developer who enjoys working all parts of the process (UI/UX, back end, database) to create tools that power the world's largest content recommendation company. This is a great opportunity for a newer developer to get exposure and experience to the full development process while working on high impact projects.
- Work with internal customers, product, and engineering to create beautiful, simple sites and tools that people love to use.
- Produce clean, performant and maintainable code.
- Craft browser extensions that provide just-in-time information and functionality
- Be able to capture requirements from internal customers and translate them to finished products
- Write SQL to extract information from databases
- Leverage internal and external APIs to combine data and update internal and external systems
- Learn, contribute to and maintain an existing code base.
- Work autonomously and be comfortable executing projects from start to finish.
- Ensure reliability of delivered code with Selenium, Spock, or other testing libraries.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with one or more CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, etc
- Knowledge of progressive enhancement and other best practices in UI/UX
- Experience working with third-party
- Experience writing tests for automated TDD frameworks
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL, including case logic, aggregate functions, and joins
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Ability to manage one's own deliverables and timelines
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Ruby, Python
- Experience with responsive design
- Chrome extension development